Webinar: We’re all in this together: Managing voice problems during COVID-19
June 2nd, 2020
The COVID-19 outbreak is significantly impacting all aspects of life; with physical distancing and communicating over phone or videolink now seen as the ‘new normal’. This has resulted in a greater level of difficulty for people with voice problems at a time of uncertainty and limitations in accessing services from Ear, Nose and Throat surgeons and Speech Pathologists.
To support the community during this time, the Dr Liang Voice Program at the University of Sydney is running a free webinar on how ENTs’ and SPs are striving to continue to provide the highest level of ongoing care to people living with voice and laryngeal airway disorders during this period.
This webinar will present information on alternative service delivery models for the assessment and treatment of voice and laryngeal airway disorders, using Telehealth and referencing the Speech- Language Pathology First Contact assessment model. Suggestions for how to access services and manage challenging communication situations will also be discussed.
Date: Wednesday 3rd June 2020
Time: 5:30pm – 7:00pm AEST
Zoom link: bit.ly/2WjpbC8
For more details, contact the DLVP Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A/Prof Daniel Novakovic (University of Sydney) - Thrown into the deep end - ENT Telehealth triage of laryngeal problems and remote monitoring
of patients with voice and laryngeal breathing disorders
- A/Prof Cate Madill (University of Sydney) – How has COVID-19 affected Speech Pathology services and how to make the most of a bad situation
- Chris Payten (Gold Coast University Hospital) – A Framework for Telehealth Voice Assessment through a Speech Language Pathology First Contact Model
- Professor Tricia McCabe (University of Sydney) - How to get the most out of telehealth services and what to expect from your health professional
- Followed by an open forum question and answer session for discussion and sharing of ideas
- A/Prof Daniel Novakovic is an ENT Surgeon with an interest in Laryngeal Disorders. He is co-director of the Dr Liang Voice Program
- A/ Prof Cate Madill is an SLP and researcher in voice and voice disorders. She is co-director of the Dr Liang Voice Program
- Chris Payten is an Advanced SLP currently undertaking a PhD in The Speech-Language Pathology First Contact Assessment Model of Voice Assessment
- Prof Tricia McCabe is an experienced SLP and researcher in telehealth